Air pollution is a public health emergency in Pakistan.
What you can do to reduce your exposure
- Run your air purifier on polluted days
- Choose less busy and less polluted roads for your everyday journeys (where it’s safe to do so)
- Reduce or avoid exercise outside on days with heavy air pollution
- Subscribe to pollution alerts for your area
What can you do?
- Help fill the air quality data gap by becoming an outdoor data contributor
- Use public transport
- Carpool to school or work
- Don’t idle your car – switch off the engine while in a traffic jam or long traffic signal
- Reduce your dependency on generators and air conditioners
- Plant trees and vegetation
- Get in touch with other people also concerned about air pollution in your area – spread awareness